Sunday, June 24, 2012

WEEK 3
Today, I am describing our recent "elluminate" consensus building activty.
It was neat to participate with a new tool. I am used to adapting to new tools.
I still feel some anxiety about it, but I just ignore it and focus on the task at hand.
I was glad we used a "synchronous" tool to help us collaborate on the other
assignment. I had some details that I couldn't combine very effectively with the group.
Once we started talking, it came together quickly. I wasn't waiting for a post to finish one little thought about one little detail. Instead, we started topics and ended them shortly after.
My group worked effectively. I think another bonus was that with google documents you can see the edits simultaneously.

I had to come up with pretty polished ideas. While my group was kind, I didn't want
 to waste their time with incomplete thoughts. Occassionally, I could present an idea as a question instead of a statement which gave my partners a chance to give their perspective without feeling like they were contradicting me...I hope. I think that my students might feel like they can hit send too fast but this activity made me want to wait a little longer.

My group really worked well, and now I have some new tools that I can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment