Sunday, June 17, 2012


Source:
Quotes, readings, tasks, activities
Learning, questions, thoughts
Week 2
Create a telephone Interview Tool










Readings this week – not directly used.
1.Rice - Making the Move to K-12 Online Teaching, Chapters 4, 5, 9.
 2.Conrad and Donaldson - Learning in an Online Environment, Chapter 1.


Reflection



 Some suggested topics for reflection:


 ◦Did the interview questions help the parent or responsible adult open up to the conversation?



 ◦Were the things you learned about the student and family important information for you to consider while working with them this year?




 ◦Was it difficult to keep the conversation on track? Why or why not?





 ◦Do you feel this was a valuable exercise to complete before starting the school year? Why or why not?











Yes. They actually were a little surprised by my interview (probably more that I had deviated from the usual o take an interest in them)we ended up talking a lot more then I had planned. I had to keep bringing the interview back to the next question. They had some descriptions of their background that surprised me.


The educational background seemed particularly relevant. It was natural to transition into learning goals. I don’t have a complete answer for their individual goals, but I feel it can be accomplished partially through what is taught.



Yes and no. We went into additional information and moved away from the specific interview questions. I felt that this added to what I know about my future student. This probably happened because the questions weren’t a simple “yes/no” and it wasn’t done on paper.


I think it was a great activity for developing understanding of your students and what they need to learn. I think it might not be extremely time consuming using some simple technology tools. There are individual goals for each student that really bear on their participation in the course. I’m not sure how to adjust, but knowing what to adjust for is half of the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment