Sunday, July 8, 2012


Wk5
My learning style, brainstorm








4 technologies and/or strategies for my style.










4 technologies and/or strategies for the visual style.

Well I have discovered that I am a bit of a mix on my own learning style. I find the preference leans towards good visual examples and the reading and writing of VARK. Some of the ideas suggested weren’t revelations, but I was intrigued with the ideas suggested for study because I use that set when I am being successful. I especially use putting concepts in my own words and list format.

The first technology that comes to mind is a text document. These are easily organized and sectioned well with clear headings blocked units and straightforward section. Second is power-point, the list format, short segments in one slice, and quick design elements for unity and contrast. Third is a forum. It offers strings, sub sections, threads to keep content organized and deconstructable. Fourth is a dictionary and accordingly a strategy of indicating unique ways you are using words. This can be italics quotes bold letters and so on.

Gestures are an effective teaching strategy for the additional meaning and context that a concept should hold. One great place to do this would be a video. Seeing your teacher could have tremendous benefit. A technology that is helpful for a visual learner is a power-point(or similar) this is because of the variety of visual alterations that can be done to the content. A content map can also aid as both an input tool and an output. These maps can be developed and edited as the learning changes to reflect different levels of understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment