Wednesday, July 25, 2012

week 7 and some parting thoughts

      I was surprised by some of the self discovery in this course. I didn't know if I could perform all the tasks asked of me. However, I have completed each of the assignments with varying levels of quality. This wasn't without struggle, but the class was well structured, and a few of my late submissions were pardoned. I also had peers who were supportive, professional,and necessarily understanding. Some of them had the same concerns as me. There were some different ability levels, but that didn't matter much. They worked it out with me until we all knew what we needed.

     My teaching style was student centered in some ways. I expected that I would find a was a very traditional teacher. I actually had some tendencies that were more student centered. I do like to interact with my students, but I still need some work on how I structure those activities to achieve individual learning outcomes.
     Some lesson ideas or strategies that might be especially suitable for live meetings are group discussions, polling to see inclinations/assess, collaborative creations, critical analysis, presentations, and interventions.
    
      As I have gone through this course I have noticed my confidence in using technology improve, and I have been very impressed with my change in pedagogy. I can see how to engage my students better, with or without technology. I am glad I enrolled and I am considering a change in my master's Degree. Thank you for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment